Bill Miller, Owner & Builder
Bill was born and raised in Warren, Ohio and went on to graduate from the University of Georgia with a BBA in Real Estate and Urban Development. After 3 years of commercial real estate sales and 3 years in corporate multifamily communities property management, he moved to Florida and worked in the home-building industry for 20 years before settling in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina in 2007. He is the husband of Kelly, a Physical Therapist Assistant and proud father of 19 year old daughter Madison who is pursuing a degree in Culinary Baking & Pastry Arts and Hospitality Management. He is an active member of Biltmore Baptist Church in Arden where he has served as an Usher for the last 8 years. He enjoys rafting, hiking and golf in his spare time while away from his favorite passion which is working closely with select clients to help make their new home dreams a reality.
– 3 years of Residential & Light Commercial Real Estate Sales & Leasing in Ohio & Georgia.
– 3 years Multi-family Apartment Communities Management in Florida at the local and regional management levels.
– 28 years of consecutive home-building industry experience including:
* 14 years of Corporate production home-building management in Florida with companies including General Homes and Centex Homes. Served in various positions including 2 years of direct on-site construction management supervision to 12 years of corporate Division/Operations level management positions with multiple direct reports and partial to full P&L responsibilities. Oversaw construction staffing and workload standards, trade and supplier procurement, price negotiation, scheduling and quality control management systems. Directed oversight of new home plans development, standard features and construction specifications determination, purchasing & estimating programs, home plans and options pricing strategies, competitive market studies, financial pro-forma creation and analysis and sales and marketing program administration. Initially responsible for direct supervision of construction of 125 homes as well as eventual corporate level managerial oversight of the construction and delivery of an additional 1,900 +/- homes during corporate home-building management career.
– 6 years as Owner/Builder of custom home-building company in west central Florida market.
* Successfully built 14 custom homes and completed 10 residential and light commercial renovation and up-fit projects.
– 5 years experience building high-end custom homes in Western North Carolina from 2007-2012 while working as a Project Manager for a local area custom home builder.
Completed 4 high-end custom home projects with a combined contract value in excess of $11,000,000.
– Licensed as a Real Estate Sales Associate in Florida since 1994.
– Licensed as a State Certified Residential & General Contractor in Florida since 1990.
– Incorporated as Owner of Carolina Heritage Builders, Inc., Waynesville North Carolina, October 2012.
– Licensed as a North Carolina General Contractor-Unlimited Classification ( License # 72574), January 2013.
Our Philosophy7 parts
Promote an interesting, informative, enjoyable and personally rewarding overall experience.
Achieve the end result of a mutually beneficial Builder-Client relationship with the Owner’s expectations having been met in every meaningful way.
Professional, friendly and responsive approach while exhibiting honesty and transparency in all dealings
Thorough attention to detail at the field construction, administrative and project financial management level
Helping the client to clarify & define their vision & requirements
Setting proper expectations for the building process and associated costs and managing for positive results on the client’s behalf
Carefully listening, understanding and respecting the client’s needs and wants as well as the Architect’s preferences advanced on their behalf.
Managing the client’s invested funds as if they were my own and building in lasting quality as if I were going to live in the home myself